Sunday 7 September 2014

Inspiring Women

Between juggling a full time day job and writing and everything that life throws at me, sometimes I just want to go back to bed and stay under the duvet for a long stretch.

But that's not an option and of course I don't really want to pack it all in, which is why I love reading inspiring stories, books and articles about women who are getting things done. I recently read Sheryl Sandberg's Lean In. I enjoyed it a lot and in particular one quote stuck with me "done is better than perfect." I keep reminding myself to just get started. Just get it done.

With that in mind, I was hugely inspired by this Victoria Beckham article. It's well worth a read, whether or not you're a Spice Girls fan from back in the day! I'm a huge admirer of anyone who works this hard and has managed to reinvent herself and keep believing in herself in the face of a Great British public who, too often, tend to try to cut people down to size.

So cheers Victoria Beckham... exactly the Monday morning motivation that I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment